I'm excited to be conducting a workshop at New Roads School in Santa Monica for 9th graders. Here are just a few things I plan on covering for the kids and staff.
Why discuss sexual health? Taking charge of your sexual health is part of being a responsible young woman.
How do you define sexuality? Sex?
- Why do some people choose to become sexually active? Why do some people choose abstinence? Can you move back in forth between the two?
- What can you do if you want to choose one and your partner wants to choose the other
- What if you’re not sure which you want?
Having a plan
- Having a pregnancy and STI prevention plan: what does that look like?
- Birth control overview- long acting reversible contraceptives (Implant and IUDs most effective methods available)
- What does having an abstinence plan look like? Support from partner, friends, avoiding alcohol and drugs, etc.